Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Wednesday Maasai Market

Wednesday Maasai Market

Today after we finished teaching, we drove through Kisongo. It was their market day. 

About 90 percent of the people are Maasai either shopping or selling. They are selling livestock such as donkeys, goats, sheep, and chickens or food such as beans, corn, tomatoes, and other garden vegetables.  

There were thousands of people roaming around the market. It was so interesting watching all the people.

The Maasai market made me think of the Madison Farmer's market on Saturdays. After my experience today, I will never complain about how many people are at the farmers market. I was actually wondering what my friend Sharon would have thought about this market today. Maybe she would want to come to Africa and try selling her vegetables..... Ha!ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment